Tuesday 6 January 2009

Target audience

My target audience are those that are interested in dance music, as my magazine focus' on that genre of music. To create my magazine I need to specify what type of dance music my magazine should be based on, hardcore, rave, techno, trance etc. Even though these are different types of dance music, hardcore is the most common and popular in the charts and on music channels. This includes artists and djs such as, Basshunter, Darren styles, Ultrabeat, Cascada and scooter. These are all featured in the cd Clubland, which has been produced 14 times and become high up in the charts. These are the more well known and talked about artists of the dance genre and appeal more to 16-19 years old teenagers. Therefore I have decided to make this age group my target audience. I want to focus more on specific songs and artists that my focus group will be interested in and what images and stories they would want to include in a dance hardcore music magazine.

No comments: