Monday 29 September 2008

Target audience:

For my target audience I have decided to aim my magazine at a mixed year 12. Before attempting to design my magazine or to think about what my front cover will contain I have to decide what my target audience will want to see in a student magazine. This will all be based on what my focus group want, my focus group will contain members that have different characteristics so that I can get a diverse view. I also have to think about the students as individuals and create a magazine that will satisfy everyone in that year. This would include the different interests such as sport or music and even how they dress and what they wish to achieve. The most important thing is to make the magazine a success and asking for a selection of students outlook on what will draw them into reading a student magazine. I will need to make my magazine original, from my research on school magazines I have discovered that school magazines are not often read and spend most the time in between a pile of books unread. I want to create a magazine that the students will look forward to reading and that would have articles and information that is relevant to them, having a magazine that students can relate to would boost the potential for it to be successful. 
Year 12 students are very keen to read magazines about celebrities, fashion and real life dramas. Even though I cannot work this into a student school magazine, I can make the format very much like this, just because it is a school magazine does not mean that it has to impress academically or to appeal to parents or potential students. I want to design a magazine that students can sit and read in spare time, that will give an insight into the school and activities with the twist or relating to their style and interests.  This will be hard as their are so many individual styles that it would be difficult to make a magazine to relate to all of these.

No comments: