Tuesday 7 October 2008

Questionnaire:



This is a questionnaire that I created to research into what a selection of 10 students are interested in so that I can develop my magazine and its content on the front cover. The 10 students that I asked were all very different and were both male and female, so that I could get a different view on students ideas, hobbies and interests that will make my magazine an all rounder. My questionnaire is very plain because the 6 form is mixed and will have to appeal to a wide range of students. I have made it formal so that students will take it seriously and fill out the correct information. The questionnaire will help develop my ideas on what my magazine front cover should contain and I am able to get views and develop on students ideas and comments. I kept the questions brief and mainly to yes or no answers so that i am able to extend on the ideas given to me.

What are your hobbies and interests?



I chose to ask this question because it will give me an idea of what the students are interested in, which will appeal to them in a magazine. the interests and hobbies that they enjoy doing , they will also enjoy reading about and a magazine that contains information and articles on this would make it more of a student friendly magazine.



Do you read your current school magazine?



I wanted to ask this question to get an idea if students read the magazine at their school and if they were interested in it. I wanted to know how many students were currently reading their school magazine.



What subjects do you enjoy?



This is relevant to the information that the magazine should contain as I want to know what subjects students enjoy so that I can create articles and sections of the magazine that are relevant to what subjects the students want to read about.



Are you interested in fashion?



A lot of magazines are fashion ones and these are most read by teenagers 15+. I cannot use fashion in a school magazine, but I have an idea of creating a section of my magazine that will show 6 form students appropriate but stylish clothes they can wear in the 6 form and where to get them from.



Do you read magazines outside school?

It is less likely for a student to pick up a school magazine if they do not read them outside school, this links onto my next question...If so, which ones? Knowing what students read, i can develop my ideas onto producing my magazine roughly based around these magazines such as Look, Vogue, Glamour etc.



What attracts you to a magazine?



Colour images stories headlines



This question tells me what attracts the reader to a magazine. This includes the front cover of the magazine that is the most vital part to gripping a reader into buying the magazine. The images, colour, stories and headlines are all a big part of drawing in a reader, but I wanted to know, which one was most appealing.

No comments: